- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: #AquacultureWeek @NOAAFisheries-funded research shows a fish-free diet could be just as good for cultivated fish as one… 19 hours ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: How do we protect sea turtles that travel hundreds (or thousands!) of miles across the Pacific Ocean? Join us on 9/24 at… 1 day ago
- Researchers measure the damage that ghost nets cause to coral reefs in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands using stru… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- For many years, the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center has relied on cooperative research fishers as part of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- NOAA scientists at the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center are partnering with citizen scientists to count sev… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Follow NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Blog on WordPress.com
- 204,121 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Lisianski Island
Get to know the bold field biologists stationed on remote islands for NOAA’s Hawaiian Monk Seal Assessment & Recovery Camps. Every year (since the 1980s!), the NOAA Hawaiian Monk Seal Research Program has deployed camps in the remote Northwestern Hawaiian … Continue reading
What do a plastic toy, a mismatched pair of slippers, and hagfish trap have in common? They all wash up in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands!
Even these extremely remote, uninhabited, and protected islands are littered with marine debris. In fact, islands in the northwestern end of the Hawaiian archipelago can be particularly inundated with debris due to their proximity to the North Pacific Subtropical Gyre, … Continue reading
The final count: cruise for monitoring of effects of ocean and climate change in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands completed
By Chip Young Scientists from the PIFSC Coral Reef Ecosystem Division (CRED) recently completed a 17-day expedition to the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands, where they conducted coral reef monitoring surveys at Pearl and Hermes Atoll, Lisianski Island, and French Frigate Shoals. These … Continue reading