- The NOAA Ship Oscar Elton Sette set sail today, to pick up our field biologists. They have spent the summer researc… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Help us with #HonuCount2019! Citizen scientists of Hawaiʻi, we need your help counting turtles—and here’s why:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- RT @NOAAHabitat: NOAA’s Restoration Center has selected 19 #habitat #restoration projects in 11 states and territories to receive $10.4 mil… 3 weeks ago
- We are proud that our very own Dr. Michelle Barbieri has received the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientist… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- #DYK #climatechange could affect our supply of 'ahi #poke? NOAA researchers modeled how temperature and plankton ch… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Follow NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Blog on WordPress.com
- 186,012 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Mariana Islands
By Marie Hill, Adam Ü, Allan Ligon, and Tom Ninke After leaving Guam, the Cetacean Research Program conducted small-boat surveys for whales and dolphins off Saipan and Tinian during May 17-26, 2017. During our second day on the water, we … Continue reading
By Marie Hill, Adam Ü, Allan Ligon, and Tom Ninke Melon-headed whales, affectionately called Peps because of their Latin name Peponocephala electra, were seen during the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center’s Cetacean Research Program small-boat surveys off Guam (May 6-14, … Continue reading
By Marie Hill, Amanda Bradford, Allan Ligon, and Adam Ü We recently concluded a series of small-boat surveys for whales and dolphins (aka cetaceans) off Saipan in the Mariana Archipelago. Our primary target species was the endangered western North Pacific … Continue reading
Cetacean Surveys of the Southern Mariana Islands: Saipan, Tinian, and Aguijan (May 30-June 14, 2014)
by Marie Hill, Andrea Bendlin, Allan Ligon, and Adam Ü During the 14 days that we spent on the water surrounding Saipan, Tinian, and Aguijan, we surveyed over 1500km of trackline. We had 13 encounters with 5 different cetacean species … Continue reading
NOAA Science Operations and PIRO Monuments staff prepare for upcoming Mariana Archipelago Marine Ecosystem Science Implementation Workshop in Saipan.
The National Marine Fisheries Service Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center is partnering with the Pacific Islands Regional Office and Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) and Guam natural resource agencies and the University of Guam to prepare for an … Continue reading