- A Hawaiian green #seaturtle travels hundred of miles to nest at her natal beach, so what does she do if that beach… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: .@NOAAFIsheries and @hiwomeninfilm collaborated on producing the animated #shortfilm “‘ʻEleu The Hawaiian Monk Seal”! Ch… 6 days ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: It’s #EndangeredSpeciesDay! Let’s bring awareness across the world. Post your favorite Hawaiian monk seal mural/artwork… 6 days ago
- Research by the @NOAAFish_PIFSC Hawaiian monk seal team is vital to the conservation of this #endangered #species.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- We've extended the deadline for the Hawaiʻi Diving and Snorkeling Survey to June 1st! So far we've received 664 com… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Follow NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Blog on WordPress.com
- 180,053 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Mariana Islands
By Marie Hill, Adam Ü, Allan Ligon, and Tom Ninke After leaving Guam, the Cetacean Research Program conducted small-boat surveys for whales and dolphins off Saipan and Tinian during May 17-26, 2017. During our second day on the water, we … Continue reading
By Marie Hill, Adam Ü, Allan Ligon, and Tom Ninke Melon-headed whales, affectionately called Peps because of their Latin name Peponocephala electra, were seen during the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center’s Cetacean Research Program small-boat surveys off Guam (May 6-14, … Continue reading
By Marie Hill, Amanda Bradford, Allan Ligon, and Adam Ü We recently concluded a series of small-boat surveys for whales and dolphins (aka cetaceans) off Saipan in the Mariana Archipelago. Our primary target species was the endangered western North Pacific … Continue reading
Cetacean Surveys of the Southern Mariana Islands: Saipan, Tinian, and Aguijan (May 30-June 14, 2014)
by Marie Hill, Andrea Bendlin, Allan Ligon, and Adam Ü During the 14 days that we spent on the water surrounding Saipan, Tinian, and Aguijan, we surveyed over 1500km of trackline. We had 13 encounters with 5 different cetacean species … Continue reading
NOAA Science Operations and PIRO Monuments staff prepare for upcoming Mariana Archipelago Marine Ecosystem Science Implementation Workshop in Saipan.
The National Marine Fisheries Service Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center is partnering with the Pacific Islands Regional Office and Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) and Guam natural resource agencies and the University of Guam to prepare for an … Continue reading