- RT @NOAAFisheries: Every year, field scientists in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands monitor endangered monk seal populations https://t.co/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NOAAFisheries: New research published in @PNASNews shows that many larval fish species from different #ocean habitats are surrounded by… 3 weeks ago
- RT @NOAAHabitat: Just announced: $4 million in funding available for #coastal and marine #habitat restoration through the NOAA Restoration… 1 month ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: #ICYMI Researchers are studying Kona crabs and need the help of fishermen! If you catch a Kona crab with a yellow tag ar… 1 month ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: Scientists with HI-based Poseidon Fisheries Research are studying the survival rate of Kona crabs that have been caught… 1 month ago
- Follow NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Blog on WordPress.com
- 194,546 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Mariana Islands
By Marie Hill, Adam Ü, Allan Ligon, and Tom Ninke After leaving Guam, the Cetacean Research Program conducted small-boat surveys for whales and dolphins off Saipan and Tinian during May 17-26, 2017. During our second day on the water, we … Continue reading
By Marie Hill, Adam Ü, Allan Ligon, and Tom Ninke Melon-headed whales, affectionately called Peps because of their Latin name Peponocephala electra, were seen during the Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center’s Cetacean Research Program small-boat surveys off Guam (May 6-14, … Continue reading
By Marie Hill, Amanda Bradford, Allan Ligon, and Adam Ü We recently concluded a series of small-boat surveys for whales and dolphins (aka cetaceans) off Saipan in the Mariana Archipelago. Our primary target species was the endangered western North Pacific … Continue reading
Cetacean Surveys of the Southern Mariana Islands: Saipan, Tinian, and Aguijan (May 30-June 14, 2014)
by Marie Hill, Andrea Bendlin, Allan Ligon, and Adam Ü During the 14 days that we spent on the water surrounding Saipan, Tinian, and Aguijan, we surveyed over 1500km of trackline. We had 13 encounters with 5 different cetacean species … Continue reading
NOAA Science Operations and PIRO Monuments staff prepare for upcoming Mariana Archipelago Marine Ecosystem Science Implementation Workshop in Saipan.
The National Marine Fisheries Service Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center is partnering with the Pacific Islands Regional Office and Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) and Guam natural resource agencies and the University of Guam to prepare for an … Continue reading