- In this recent study, researchers compared acoustic recordings and naval records with eight beaked whale stranding… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 20 hours ago
- Pohaku Chronicles: Podcast #1. Hear updates about the monk seal Pohaku being cared for by a NOAA Fisheries team in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: .@NOAAFisheries' teacher workshop registration is open! Our workshop will feature hands-on activities for teachers, and… 6 days ago
- Leg #1 of the Winter Hawaiian Islands Cetacean and Ecosystem Assessment Survey (WHICEAS) is complete! We invite you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- It’s official! We’re hosting the 2nd annual NOAA Fisheries Teacher Workshop with @NOAAFish_PIRO and Joint Institute… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Follow NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Blog on WordPress.com
- 197,222 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: NOAA Fisheries
PIFSC Young Scientist Opportunity (PYSO) Program Accepting Applications This February for 2016 Summer Internships
The 2016 PIFSC Young Scientist Opportunity (PYSO) program website has been updated with the four new projects available this summer. 2016 Pacific Islands Deep Sea Coral Exploration Story Map Growth Rate, Residency Times, and Foraging Ecology of Juvenile Green Turtles … Continue reading
By Max Sudnovsky and Annette DesRochers NOAA Fisheries’ team members Annette DesRochers and Max Sudnovsky of the Coral Reef Ecosystem Program (CREP) recently returned from a productive visit to Dili, Timor-Leste. Nearing the end of a four-year collaborative partnership between … Continue reading
We are sailing across the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands aboard the NOAA Research Vessel Oscar Elton Sette.
The Sette is a working ship: Researchers undertake numerous scientific endeavors; engineers ensure the engines pulse and drive us forward; officers keep us sailing safely; stewards create amazing meals and keep everyone happy; and the crew makes sure that everything … Continue reading
On Tuesday, December 17, Frank Goto of the United Fishing Agency was recognized for his “leadership and many contributions to the commercial fishing and seafood industries in Hawaii and the Pacific Islands Region.” Samuel Rauch, Assistant Administrator for NOAA Fisheries … Continue reading
Dr. Bigelow is a fishery biologist at NOAA’s Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center. During the 2012 meeting of the Western and Central Pacific Fisheries Commission (WCPFC), Dr. Bigelow distinguished himself with his work as science advisor for the U.S. delegation. … Continue reading