- Hear the latest on monk seals, threats, and what we can all do to protect them on the latest episode of the NOAA P… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- #oceanicwhitetip #sharks are a #protected #marinespecies. Read about how the #Hawaii Community Tagging Program reco… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: #MonkSealUpdate: Latest monk seal pup count for 2020 is 18 in the main Hawaiian Islands. If you see monk seals on the be… 6 days ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: Save the date! Don't miss the FY21 Saltonstall-Kennedy #grant webinar on 7/9, 10am HST. Learn more about the application… 1 week ago
- How do we monitor marine #fish populations? Our scientists recently assessed the #Hawaii #uku snapper and found tha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- Follow NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Blog on WordPress.com
- 201,704 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Sette
By Joseph Bennington-Castro At the very core of the marine food web you’ll find plankton, which are tiny organisms that propagate and feed the rest of the ocean’s marine life — indirectly feeding everyone who enjoys seafood. Plankton, by definition, are small … Continue reading
It is the end of another Hawaiian monk seal field season. The research cruise to pick up all of our field teams has returned, and our Chief Scientist for the cruise, Stacie Robinson, reflects on the experience. …580 water jugs, … Continue reading
We are sailing across the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands aboard the NOAA Research Vessel Oscar Elton Sette.
The Sette is a working ship: Researchers undertake numerous scientific endeavors; engineers ensure the engines pulse and drive us forward; officers keep us sailing safely; stewards create amazing meals and keep everyone happy; and the crew makes sure that everything … Continue reading
NOAA Science Operations and PIRO Monuments staff prepare for upcoming Mariana Archipelago Marine Ecosystem Science Implementation Workshop in Saipan.
The National Marine Fisheries Service Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center is partnering with the Pacific Islands Regional Office and Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) and Guam natural resource agencies and the University of Guam to prepare for an … Continue reading
Fish assessment cruises in the main Hawaiian Islands: preliminary results from latest visual surveys
Coral Reef Ecosystem Division (CRED) staff members Danny Merritt, John Rooney, and Jacob Asher are participating in the PIFSC cruise SE-12-08 aboard the NOAA Ship Oscar Elton Sette, which left Honolulu on Sept. 22 for operations in the main Hawaiian … Continue reading