- RT @NOAAFisheries: Every year, field scientists in the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands monitor endangered monk seal populations https://t.co/… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NOAAFisheries: New research published in @PNASNews shows that many larval fish species from different #ocean habitats are surrounded by… 3 weeks ago
- RT @NOAAHabitat: Just announced: $4 million in funding available for #coastal and marine #habitat restoration through the NOAA Restoration… 1 month ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: #ICYMI Researchers are studying Kona crabs and need the help of fishermen! If you catch a Kona crab with a yellow tag ar… 1 month ago
- RT @NOAAFish_PIRO: Scientists with HI-based Poseidon Fisheries Research are studying the survival rate of Kona crabs that have been caught… 1 month ago
- Follow NOAA Pacific Islands Fisheries Science Center Blog on WordPress.com
- 194,546 hits
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Tag Archives: Sette
By Joseph Bennington-Castro At the very core of the marine food web you’ll find plankton, which are tiny organisms that propagate and feed the rest of the ocean’s marine life — indirectly feeding everyone who enjoys seafood. Plankton, by definition, are small … Continue reading
It is the end of another Hawaiian monk seal field season. The research cruise to pick up all of our field teams has returned, and our Chief Scientist for the cruise, Stacie Robinson, reflects on the experience. …580 water jugs, … Continue reading
We are sailing across the Northwestern Hawaiian Islands aboard the NOAA Research Vessel Oscar Elton Sette.
The Sette is a working ship: Researchers undertake numerous scientific endeavors; engineers ensure the engines pulse and drive us forward; officers keep us sailing safely; stewards create amazing meals and keep everyone happy; and the crew makes sure that everything … Continue reading
NOAA Science Operations and PIRO Monuments staff prepare for upcoming Mariana Archipelago Marine Ecosystem Science Implementation Workshop in Saipan.
The National Marine Fisheries Service Pacific Island Fisheries Science Center is partnering with the Pacific Islands Regional Office and Commonwealth of the Northern Marianas Islands (CNMI) and Guam natural resource agencies and the University of Guam to prepare for an … Continue reading
Fish assessment cruises in the main Hawaiian Islands: preliminary results from latest visual surveys
Coral Reef Ecosystem Division (CRED) staff members Danny Merritt, John Rooney, and Jacob Asher are participating in the PIFSC cruise SE-12-08 aboard the NOAA Ship Oscar Elton Sette, which left Honolulu on Sept. 22 for operations in the main Hawaiian … Continue reading